mis-sion-ary (noun): someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may live with their families for Eternity.

Monday, March 21, 2011

MUSICAL FIRESIDE

RIBA!
Yo yo yo what is crackalackin?
When is our family going to catch a break? haha wow how did grandma break her foot? no more soccer for her. and she has to have surgery, no bueno. I just got done reading jess' letter, so I really don't have a ton of time to write today because it took me probably a half hour to read. It was a freaking novel, it was soo long. but that is ok. there were some really cool stories and shtuff in it. Tell her that i will write her next week cause i don't have enough time today.
Anyways, no i haven't gotten in a fist fight with my companion or anything. He just doesn't talk at all. Like not only with appointments. He doesn't talk to me, he doesn't talk to other missionaries. He is always just awkward and silent. It is killing me. And then when he does talk in an appointment, he is talking so fast and he is like shaking and looking at me to like help him the whole time. I don't know if it just from being a greenie or if he was living under a rock before his mission. Or maybe a little bit of both. Transfers are next monday and I will find out this saturday what is happening so i will definately keep you posted.
Also you might be getting a visit from the olsons in my ward. They are coming to utah and I asked them if they could take some stuff over to the house so they might be coming over but i'm not sure yet.
So just yesterday we had a musical fireside as a stake. With all the missionaries in the denver north zone. It was super legit. We have been practicing for a while and the missionary that put it on will be famous when he goes home because he is the best singer and he is amazing at all instruments. So yeah it was super good. I know what you are thinking and no i didn't do any solos. I know that i've grown on a mission but singing is one thing that i still can't do worth jack. I can kind of play the piano though, when i get home i'm going to learn how to play piano. Get all the honeys when i get home haha. just kidding. But I did have to give a 2 minute speech about how the gospel blesses families, our mission president and his wife were there, I was a little nervous cause of that but i did good i think. People in my district and zone keep telling me that i am going to be AP some day, i hope not. haha. And when we were done I was talking to president ely and he told me i did a great job and he shook my hand and winked at me haha. I know that a week isn't much but haha i hope that he isn't saying hey transfers are in a week, wanna be a zone leader. haha. That would be wayy to fast!! oh well
But get this. So the musical fireside was so good. That an investigator from the brighton ward was there. And after it was over, he came up to elder goesch, (he's in brighton now) with tears in his eyes, and said I want my kids to be up there one day doing the same thing that you guys were doing. I want to be baptized and be an active member of the church. haha. How awesome is that. Unfortunately we didn't have any of our investigators show up. lame. But that is way cool for Goesch.
No tyler davis hasn't written me yet. That is funny that you want to write steve, steve wrote me today and said that his mom wants my address to write me haha. so yeah I wil get it for you next week cause i don't have it on me. Charlie is doing pretty good from what i hear. I never really hear from anyone else though.
Tennis was way fun last week. We live right next to tennis courts and i always see people playing and a lot of them are pretty good. but then i play with other missionaries that aren't very good and it isn't as fun haha. But oh well its stll good to play. I wasn't doing the best either though i guess. That is good that you and dad have been losing some weight, haha yes i've been gaining a little bit, I have spurts where i work out really well and then i dont do it very well. I'm just waiting for summer when i can go running in the morning. that will help a ton. But yeah its a good thing i wasn't fat before the mission.
That game we were playing was with the olsons. It is called headbands. I bought that for them for their birthdays. I bought all 3 of them toys because they are such a good family to us. Also i asked for money for it last week and you didn't say anything about it. haha i have 14 dollars for the rest of the month and we have to go shopping today so maybe if you could give me a little bit that would be awesome. Being a dl isn't that much more responsibility. It is fun to go on exchanges and be with other missionaries and see their areas and stuff and district meetings aren't too bad. I actually like being a dl, but i'll be good staying that way no ZL!
That is a way cool spiritual thought that you gave me, i've never thought about it like that! Definately i do believe that grandpas are helping me,
Well anyways i need to run, i hope that you have a great week, IF the olsons come over be nice to them and just talk me up like i'm the greatest person ever. and that i played professional hockey and golf at home haha. just kidding, just don't do anything embarassing. haha. Anyways, have a good week! I LOVE YOU! LOVE ELDER GNEHM

No comments: