mis-sion-ary (noun): someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may live with their families for Eternity.

Monday, January 24, 2011

RECORD LESSONS TAUGHT

HI there.
This week was the most busy week of my mission. So i usually average about 15 lessons a week. This week we taught 25 which is a district record. It was crazy, they were basically all less active members and investigators too. It was a good week. We just had a ton of people that were home when we went there and we called and set up a bunch of appointments. We still know that Brandy is way excited to get baptized but we think that we might have to push the date back a little bit. So we told our bishop that we have to get Aaron in quick to get an interview so he can receive the priesthood so he could baptize his wife. SO we went through a ton of trouble to get a meeting and everything. Then on Sunday, after the interview, the bishop comes up to us and says oh so we just talked about getting his records into this ward, i never brought up anything about the priesthood because the topic didn't come up. ..We're like uhh are you kidding, that is why we set up the interview, do you realize that he has to get the priesthood and baptize his wife by February 5th? But he didn't really say anything. So yeah we might have to move it back. which is pretty lame. Oh well.
You asked how I was liking the mission. I love the mission. It is the funnest and hardest but most rewarding thing that I have ever done. I still don't really like teaching. I like having more of conversations with people about the gospel because i think that having them talk and stuff is way better. But just teaching to them is kind of hard. I think that we should just get in there and say so what do you know about our church, bear my testimony talk about it with them and answer their questions. I just think they and I get a lot more out of it.
That is cool that your going to start tennis (league) again, I think that I might play a little bit of tennis today and some dodgeball and some basketball. Grandma says that the jazz are starting to blow it, what the heck is up with that. The weather here right now is pretty warm, its a little windy today though and when it gets windy you can smell greely which is like smelling the Great Salt Lake but a lot worse. Its just complete maneur and it smells rechid.
So i got a little spiritual thought. So we took our ward mission leader with us to a lesson that we had set up with a less active. I had a feeling that I should take him. So when we went there, it turns out that he knew her about 20 years ago. And they were going to church and stuff together when they were in their teens. Well we were talking to her and I was teaching about the Book of Mormon and about what it means to her. And I said I know that there is a flame inside of you and it is ready to be kindled and grow. And she started to cry, and my mission leader started in by giving experiences that they had when they were younger and she was bauling and she knew that she had a testimony and she knew that she needed to come back to church. SO i guess my thought can be about listening to the promptings of the spirit, and also I think that its important to remember that every member is a missionary and they can make a huge difference in the lives of the people we teach. We had interviews with our mission president this week and he said that this is one of the hardest wards in the mission because the members don't give referrals and are kind of selfish, and so we are trying to get the members a lot more involved to help us as missionaries out.
So thats whats been going on here.
Anyways thats about all I got, I did get your last package and i'm waiting for the next one. I love you and hope that you have a great week. LOVE ELDER GNEHM!

No comments: