mis-sion-ary (noun): someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may live with their families for Eternity.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

MTC LETTER #1

Dear familia... Hows it going! yeah its pretty crazy that i'm here huh. Today is my first P day but next week and the week after it will be on fridays. Alright so let me just go down what has been going down here. Alright so right after i said bye to you all i got my nametag and went to the room to drop off my bags. From there we had no time really to stay cause we had to go meet our district. Yes Elder Aamodt is in my district but he is not my companion ha ha. It was a huge relief to have him in there with me so that i knew someone in my district and i could feel more comfortable. Now my companion is named Elder Hunt and he is from idaho. he actually knew my bald roomate from Utah State because he graduated the same time as him. Elder Hunt has Cycstic Fibrosis. I call it CF because i dont know how to say it or spell it. He has so many diseases and sad stories about his life and it really makes me appreciate him for being out here on his mission. My district is awesome. I have already gotten way close with all the kids in my district, especially Elder Nielsen who is from California. He played a little tennis back there and apparently his dad does some thing with the pros so he has met a ton of professional tennis players like nadal and williams sisters. Elder Velez is from detroit and is kind of a bigger kid, he is one of the funniest kids i have ever met in my life. So pretty much what I am getting at is that i love the people here in my district. The first couple of days we have just been in the classroom learning about how to begin teaching, how to ask people to get baptized and all that good jazz. Anyways, yesterday for the first time we went to teach lesson 1 to some missionaries and to say the least we need to practice a LOT more. I know that through time and practice we will get a lot better at teaching the lessons because everyone that has been here for a couple weeks seem leaps and bounds ahead of all of us noobs. I've seen Matt smith, and Trent and Marcus cooper here along with a bunch of other people from school and its cool to see them and they are all doing good. I have to admit that i got one of those companions that Dad and Mom always told me that i was going to get. One that i wouldn't get along with. I feel really bad for this kid and I respect the heck out of him for being here with all that he has gone through but its just hard to be with him 24/7 because he is so different. Everyone in my district tells me that I am doing good putting up with him and I know that I need to just keep loving him and be his friend. Its hard because he has a speech disorder and is so different because when i start to talk and teach the lesson, he cuts me off when I try to speak because he really doesnt know any better. I will push through it though, its only 3 weeks that i am here. I leave the MTC on July 19th and I can't wait to go to Denver. I am so glad that I decided to come on a mission because when I am around this stuff it gets so much easier to gain a better testimony and to know how to study and teach better. I only have 30 minutes to write while i'm emailing so i better make an end. I just want to say that I love you guys so much and I am glad to be out here. Love Elder Gnehm.

No comments: