mis-sion-ary (noun): someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may live with their families for Eternity.

Friday, July 9, 2010

MTC LETTER #2

Ello madre. Wow thats a lot of questions you just asked me. I hope i remember to answer them all. The mission life is still coming along really well, Its incredible how much i have learned in just the past week. I cant believe I have already been here for a week and a half. Time is just flying by. It is still going a little iffy with my compannion because he and I are just so different. When he starts talking he talks about everything in his life. He could talk to a wall for an hour straight. But its all good. The first week we had to write our branch president and i told him that it was a little difficult to be his companion and he wrote me back and told me that I am his companion for a reason. So thats good to know that they think i'm strong enough for that. The cookies that you sent me were the bomb.com. I shared it with my district and everyone keeps asking me for more haha. For the third of July we had a devotional and after it we were able to see the fireworks that were at the stadium of fire from outside of our apartments. We heard Carrie Underwood singing a little and it made me remember how much i hate country. Especially when i couldn't even see HER singing haha.. So i got a story to share. One of the elders in our district was feeling sick so we were supposed to give him a priesthood blessing and he asked one of the Elders in our district to do it. So when he was giving the blessing he did not mention anything about being sick but mention about Christ leaving his father when he came to this earth and stuff like that. After the prayer the branch president said that was inspired blessing because apparently the sick elder and the branch president were talking about being homesick and there was much more to it than just being sick. I saw the power of the priesthood in front of my eyes, the spirit told the Elder what to say and I think that it's really neat. Good luck on your surgery next week! I will be praying for you and derek. everything will go fine and you will be out playing tennis in no time flat. I miss you guys so much but i know that I am doing the right thing on the lords errand. I love you all so much. Love elder gnehm

No comments: