mis-sion-ary (noun): someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may live with their families for Eternity.

Monday, July 26, 2010

I HAVE A NEW NEPHEW

HEEELLLLOOOO la la la. I'm dang excited that Bode isn't a red head! That makes my day so much better. But why is he such a shrimp? I thought this kid was going to be a basketball player too. Man, biking is kind of kicking my butt. I'm going to have some massive thigh muscles by the end of this transfer. And it is sooo hot here right now, that i come home and as soon as I sit on the bed, I am out. At least i'm not going to get too fat while i am here cuz i am getting fed very well. They say that on average missionaries here gain anywhere from 15 to 50 lbs. The address that you send me stuff is Colorado Denver North Mission 11172 N. Huron St. Ste 21 Northglenn, CO 80234. So like I said I got a bike but it was free from the mission office so i actually didn't have to trunk out the 300 dollars from my savings. And don't worry. I got authorization from the mission president to do it.. Yes i am being obedient :) My companion is one of the most obedient missionaries here. People make fun of him because he is so obedient to all the rules. A lot of missionaries in this mission are a lil apostate. So its good that i have him to keep me doing what i need to be doing. He says he has never once in his entire life taken a dump in a public restroom. haha. Also for P day he wanted to play monopoly with a member. Ummm..no. haha. So i convinced him to play basketball with the other Elders in our district. But that is good that dad had fun on his trip. 32 miles is pretty far. That is even further than we went on the trek. So yeah missionary life is going pretty well so far. Its still a little weird that i need to talk to like everyone that i see about the gospel but when i get in the house to teach the lesson, i think i do really well. My comp said that I am the best at teaching so far out of all the people that he has trained. And this is his last transfer so I think that is pretty cool. We had our first baptism the other day with a boy named tyler. But as far as getting new people to listen to us, a lot of people just dont want anything to do with us. We taught a less active guy yesterday named Roy who hasn't been to church in 15 years. And we taught him about the Restoration and stuff and he received everything really well and he said he might come to church on Sunday. OOH he will be there... I went to church yesterday and met the people in my ward. There are some people from kaysville there and kept asking me if i knew the matthias' and someone else that starts with a P. I didn't know who they were talking about. I definately like being in the field more than the MTC being its more like real life and i get to teach actual people but i did like the MTC because the people that I were with in my zone were way tight. I am doing good though and i hope you all are doing well. I love you guys. Elder Gnehm.

No comments: